Brodie Philip







Name: Brodie Philip



Nickname: Fossil, guru, super coach, champ, ace, jet - I made a few of those up!



DOB: 5-10-1891



Debut: 1975



Previous/ other teams: Richmond (vic), Bayswater, St Annes



Marital Status: 25 long, forgetable and miserable years



School/ Place of Employment: Ouse School



Hardest Opponent: Any bowler on dodgy turf training nets



Best bowler you've faced: Richard Hadlee and Chris Broadby



Best batsman you've dismissed: Only got a few very poor players out in the nets



Favourite Cricketer: Greg Chappell, Victor Trumper



Most memorable cricketing moment in your career: A century in the backyard at mums



Ideal Beach Holiday Partner: Me, Tiger, Nelson Mandela, Lance Armstrong, Ernie Els, Dalai Lama



Favourite TCA venue: TCA ground



Funniest Cricketing Moment: Watching Geoff Cuthbert chase a swallow while fielding thinking it was the ball.



Favourite G.C.C player and why: As coach, I love all my players equally. I dont have favourites, just players I like more than others. I particulary like the low maintaince self directed players.



Best part of G.C.C: Great mix of people from all backgrounds.